This collection of 'mods' is a attempt to make the marvelous world of modding Oblivion just a little bit easier. I've been a fan of Wrye Bash since the beginning, and I was a huge fan of the wizard ability that was implemented. A few clicks and you are back doing what you want: actually playing the bloody game! There are however, very few Bain wizards out there, and some it seems are for lesser known or seldom installed mods. I wanted to make the most downloaded mods easier to install, and help prevent the dreaded CTD. This will in turn prevent the dreaded forum posts: "I installed your smelly mod and it ate my game!"
Welcome to modding for the rest of us.
Unofficial Oblivion/SI/DLCs Patches
The Unofficial Patches should be mandatory for every Oblivion install. I consider them the most important mod in your list. A problem is, they only work if you have the Bethesda content installed the patches are supposed to be fixing. this wizard takes the guesswork out of this mod. it will only install the patches that you have the Bethesda content for. This will help prevent CTDs and wierd bugs. Enjoy!
These are the requirements for the mod. they include any accounts needed to download the mods, the utilities needed to install the mod, any additional required mods, and the main mod plus the AbigailsMODS-(ModName)-BCF.
3. Installation (Tutorial)
- Download all archives required. (links above)
- Copy downloaded mod archives to your \Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers Folder.
- Download the "AbigailsMODS-Unofficial_Patches-BCF.7z".
- Extract the "AbigailsMODS-Unofficial_Patches-BCF.7z" (Bain Conversion File).
- Copy the BCF to your \Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers\Bain Converters folder.
- Open Wrye Bash.
- Click on the "Installers" tab.
- Select each archive that is part of the BCF.
- Right-Click on the selected archives, and choose Conversions>Apply>AbigailsMODS-Unofficial_Patches-BCF
- Wait for the conversion to finish.
- Right-Click on the new archive and choose "Wizard"
- Follow the Prompts.
- Play the game!
- Right Click the "AbigailsMODS-Unofficial_Patches".
- Choose "Uninstall"
- *Rebuild Bashed Patch*
- Wrye - For Wrye Bash and BAIN
- Lojack - For the wonderful BAIN wizard scripting language.
- Metallicow - For the 292 DEMO. (Seriously, you rock!)
- tetrodoxin - For the Synx race and CM Partner Isabell that Abigail's Model is based off of.
- VoodooR31 - For the Isabell game save gave that made it much easier to get Abigaial's screenshots.
- Quarn, Kivan, Arthmoor, and the rest of the Dev team for the patches. My game would have crashed and burned hundreds of times if not for you guys!
- 03.23.13: 1.00, Initial release.
- 03.28.13: 2.00, Rebuilt the wizard to prevent issues with the thieves den
- 03.29.13: 2.10, Added more images to the wizard, changed the wording of the wizard to be easier to understand,
- 03.30.13: 2.20, Added info about Abigail, Created the "Interactive ReadMe" for the patches
- 03.30.13: 2.21, Fixed links in ReadMe
Contact me on the Nexus as Arcelas